This is my first Top 5 Wednesday post!
- Richelle Mead – Everyone I know knows that I absolutely LOVE Richelle Mead. The first book I read from her was “Vampire Academy” back in Spring 2011. I haven’t read “Soundless” or “The Glittering Court” yet, but I really want to. I really want to read her adult novels: the “Georgina Kincaid” series, the “Dark Swan” series, and the “Age of X” series.
- John Green – I loved reading “The Fault in Our Stars”. I literally cried in the end. I had bought “Paper Towns” a month or two ago, but I really just wanna read ALL of his books.
- Robin Jones Gunn – I had read the first two books in the “Christy Miller” series and now I really want to read the rest of them (all 20+ books).
- Colleen Hoover – I first heard about Colleen Hoover while watching a couple videos on BookTube and so I decided to take out “Ugly Love” while I was at the library. I LOVED IT! So I went out and got my own copy. Now I can’t stop buying Colleen Hoover’s books. I think I have almost all of her books. I totally recommend reading a book by Colleen Hoover if you haven’t already done so!
- Stephenie Meyer – I really loved “The Twilight Saga” and I enjoyed “The Host”. I bought “The Chemist” a couple months ago and I really can’t wait to read it!
So, I finally finished reading “Cooking for a Billionaire” by Anna Collins.
I got this book on iBooks.
This book is about a girl who has her own Cake Creations company. One day, she gets a request from a man who piques her interest. She makes the cake for him and winds up getting into a very steamy relationship with him, along with a couple other people. There is no secret that they are…getting jiggy with it…and they gladly show it off.
I enjoyed this book, but at the same time, I didn’t. When I first downloaded this book, I thought it was going to be around the same plot line as “Young & Hungry” (ya know, like TV Show on Freeform), but boy was I wrong! This book was nothing like that. It was like a cake creation bakery meets “Fifty Shades of Grey”. I was shocked. It wasn’t anything like “cooking for a billionaire”. It was more like “bake a cake for me and get laid”.
Until my next post,
I just wanted to update ya’ll about what’s been going on in my life.
I haven’t been able to read much this semester – 18 credits (for college) really is a lot. I am currently on Spring Break and guess what I’m doing…………..HOMEWORK! I haven’t been able to read much because I’m too busy doing homework.
My TBR pile is just piling up! I have so many books that I have to read this month and no time to read them. I mean, I read when I can, but it’s been hard. I’ve been mainly sticking to ebooks these past few months.
I started going to physical therapy for my back injury. It’s been a difficult process. Next week is my last week and I’m so grateful for those who have helped me along the way. The ones who I’ve worked with so far – Donnie, Shelby, John, and Allyson – have been so amazing and friendly and dedicated to their work.
But my journey is not over yet……..
I am graduating from community college on June 3, 2017 with my Associate’s Degree in Mass Communication
I am proud to announce that in August 2017, I will be attending the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC for short) and working my way towards a Bachelors Degree in Media/Communication Studies!
I received an Arc in exchange for an honest review.
Here is the overview from GoodReads:
Fake Girlfriend, Real Arousal. A woman I’ve never seen before just told her father I’m her boyfriend. I walked into the restaurant to grab dinner between important meetings and there she was, red cheeked and fury in her electric blue eyes. I figure I’ll help her out with whatever she has going on with her father, so I kiss her. If she wants to be what’s on my menu, that’s fine by me. As she melts into my arms, the taste of her lips and the fire in her eyes hits me in the gut. She’s mine. This might be a game to her, but I’m playing for real. And trust me when I say I never lose. I’m going to use my vast wealth and power to get her exactly where I want her. Who knows, I might even tell her who I really am.
You will never be able to look at chocolate the same way again…I know I can’t. This book is full of plot twists and extraordinary sex scenes. The only thing I didn’t like was that it took me forever to read – there was just so much context to grasp onto.
Until my next post,
The books I plan on reading this month are:
- “Nothing Can Keep Us Together” by Cecily von Ziegesar
- “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Love & Friendship” by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Kimberly Kirberger
- “Silver Shadows”, “The Ruby Circle”, and “Soundless” by Richelle Mead
- “One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich” by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
- “Live Original” by Sadie Robertson
- “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell
- “The Shadowhunter’s Codex” by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis
- “House of Night: The Beginning (Marked and Betrayed)”, “Chosen”, “Untamed”, and “Hunted” by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- “Shadow Falls: The Beginning (Born and Midnight & Awake at Dawn)”, “Shadow Falls: The Next Chapter (Taken at Dusk & Whispers at Moonrise)”, and “Chosen at Nightfall” by C.C. Hunter
- “Biggest Flirts” and “Perfect Couple” by Jennifer Echols
The books I read in the month of March were “Of The Trees” by E.M. Fitch and “Summoner Rising” by Melanie McFarlane. I didn’t read as much as I would’ve liked because I’ve been so busy with school. 18 credits sure has it’s disadvantages.
In total, I read 40 hours last month. My school books are taking up a lot of that reading time.
Until my next post,
I didn’t get many books in the month of March, but here is the list! All of these are from iBooks.
- “Arousal” by Simone Sowood
- “Summoner Rising” by Melanie McFarlane
- “Exposed” by Alexa Ross and Holly Rayner
- “Billionaire Passions” by Hazel Keys
- “Keeper” by Ingrid Seymour
- “Silver and Bold” by Amber Burns
- “Ghost of Halloween’s Past” by Ingrid Seymour
- “My Kinda Bull” by Lilly Christine